Fashion Design Level 1 (ANIBROOK) Basic
• Week 1 – Understanding the function/learning how to use a domestic sewing machine. Understanding the female body and proper measurements of the body. Learning basic sewing machine functions and introduction to seam finishes.
• Week 2 – Proper seam finishes for different fabrics. Application of such finishes.
• Week 3 – Half scale variations of necklines and finishing of necklines. Different techniques of zipper closures and clothing closures.
• Week4 – Full scale bodice designed to the student’s size. Student must draft a basic bodice of their size and then create a basic bodice design from this pattern using previous techniques learned before.
• Week 5/6 – Half scale skirts and variations of skirt. Learning proper techniques and variations of skirt slits. Student must then create full scale skirt of their design choice using techniques previously thought before.
• Week 6 – Completion of skirt patterns and presentation.
• Week 7 – Variations of sleeves and drafting of sleeve how to assemble a sleeve in a bodice.
• Week 8 – Student must create a blouse design with sleeve using techniques learned before. Drafting a dress and creating design of student’s choice.